Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week 32


I had my first Mother's Day and I got to spend it with Jacob at the Manhattan Zoo and then we came home to my house and had a lovely supper on the patio with my family. My mom got me a sweet little book and a subscription to American Baby. I also got a coupon from my friends, Matt and Haylie and some TOMS from my sweet friend, Amanda. :)

I've spent the last few weeks working and getting larger by the minute. Some days it feels like I'm carrying two 500 pound babies in there. And little miss Baby Girl thinks its fun to act a fool in my rib cage to the point of my ribs popping. Ouch. Before I was pregnant the size of a cruise ship, I could sleep like a champ. I would lay down and be asleep within minutes and not wake up until my alarm went off the next morning. It was phenomenal. BUT NOW, I wake up every 30 minutes to reposistion because I can't breathe, or have heartburn, or my ribs/back/everything hurts. I think its some sort of sick joke that I can't get a full nights sleep before the babies get here because as EVERYONE so kindly (<-sarcasm) tells me, I won't be sleeping for the next 18 years or so. Update-- I am fully aware babies don't sleep through the night. THANK YOU.

I've been having a good time with Braxton Hicks contractions. They've been going on for about the last week and a half and the first night I had one, I also had a dream that the babies were born and I didn't have their (ha, OUR) room ready. I didn't have bottles. Crib. Nothing. It was scary. I woke up in a panic and spent the next two days making lists (that I've now lost) of what I need to do before they get here.

ALSO- I'm at 32 weeks now, so if the babes wait to get here for another four weeks, then we HOPEFULLY dont have to be in the NICU. Which is the goal. I think having nurses take my sweet little babies away RIGHT AFTER I have them would be the worst thing ever and I would most definitely cry. But lets be honest, I sometimes cry at Pampers commercials. Right when I think I'm doing good emotionally, something ridiculous happens and I just melt. Its usually because I watch a Baby Story and then I see the babies and everything IS JUST SO BEAUTIFUL that I cant help but cry.

My next doctor's visit is on Thursday and my bff Anna is going with me. Its not a sonogram, just a really boring appointment where I sit in the waiting room for three hours and then talk to my doctor for three minutes and its over. Annoying. But after that, we're going to shop all day and then meet my OTHER bff, Amanda for pedicures! My toes are gonna look dang good when I have these babies.



PICTURES!


I was so excited when I got my crib bedding today. AND the box was even cute. AND the tape on the box! So yes, I took a picture of it. (Picture of crib bedding next time I blog maybe.)



My new Toms :)
Thanks, Amanda!!




You know its cute. I have the best friends in the world.


AND the best Reggie in the world :)  If you can't read it, it says:

"Happy 1st Mother's day! I <3 u and bby A & bby B

<3 Reggie"

CUTE.


What a long winded blog post! I'm off for a walk waddle with my mom :)

Love, Olivia, Baby Girl and Baby Boy

P.S.- I don't want to toot my own horn but... at my last sonogram, the ultrasound tech was very impressed with my lack of stretch marks. And now, two weeks later, I still don't have any!! AND, I haven't gained weight since Easter..but the babies have? I don't know how that works but if my doctor is cool with it (Which she is),then so am I! Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Obsessed. You need to blog every day. PS- got a super cute baby shower invite in the mail. Almost jumped for joy. Waddle down the street sometime :)

    ReplyDelete