Sunday, November 6, 2011

First Fridays!

Once a month, all of the art students at Highland have an extra credit opportunity. One or all of the four art teachers chose a material (Such as a masonite board, or a paper bag and stick) and then the students get to make whatever they'd like with it. You have until 1 pm of the first friday of the next month to hang it up in the hallway for judging. You can receive a black (no extra credit), clear (.25% extra credit), red (.5% ec), or blue (1% ec). Its a fun!! Here's what I've hung up for the past two months!

The material for this was a 4"x4" piece of masonite


The tag says "A bird may love a fish but where would they live?". It's a quote from my favorite movie, Ever After :)





And the material for this one was a paper bag and a stick!


I had a hard time deciding what to do with the stick so I just framed my paper bag oval with it and then glued lace on it because I thought the stick was kinda ugly. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!


And here's a close up! Its like a skeleton with a fancy multi colored up do! It was for October so I thought a skeleton would be nice. (I got a red on this one and a blue on my bird and fish one)

And last but not least, I've been spending some time in the ceramics room lately just messing around. Hopefully I'll be able to crank out some coffee mugs for Christmas gifts! 


I didn't think it was too bad considering I haven't done any throwing since April!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment